Robert and Ruth Duncan opened the dairy bar in 1939. Ruth’s father, Julius Keller, ran a bakery, and his recipes came into the family with her. The same cakes, pies and breads still come out of the oven here every morning. The Duncans had been farming in Brunswick since about 1900 and incorporated Sycaway Creamery in 1936; ice cream followed in 1937, and the dairy bar a couple of years after that. Three generations on, John Squadrito runs it, the doors still open at four, and in 2024 New York State added Duncan’s to its Historic Business Preservation Registry.
People have been coming here for generations. Kids who grew up eating here now bring their own kids and grandkids, often ordering the same favorites. The counter, the cows on the sign, and the donuts have all been part of the place since 1939.

Omelets, pancakes and French toast from four in the morning, sandwiches and burgers off the griddle, and a bakery case filled fresh each day.

Cakes, pies, muffins, cinnamon buns and the giant glazed donuts, all from the Keller family recipes and all baked here every morning.

Voted Best Omelets by Capital Region Living readers in 2018 and 2019, and added to the New York State Historic Business Preservation Registry in 2024.




